By visiting the Redfoot Shoes Ltd website, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Everything we do relating to your information is covered by the following data principles:
- Your information belongs to you – you should be able to control it through your online account or by contacting us, and you should know about, and be comfortable with, everything that we do with your information.
- As long as we have your information, we will protect it using appropriate security safeguards, having kept on top of and appropriately taken into account the latest industry standards and best practice.
Information that we collect
Information you give us
- Email address
- Billing Address
- Billing Country
- Delivery Address
- Delivery Country
- Telephone Number
- Passwords (to enable you to log in to your Redfoot Shoes Ltd account)
- Delivery comments/requests
Information we get from your use of our site
- Site searches
- Wishlist use
- Competition entries
- Completed surveys
- Shopping preferences information
- Internet protocol (IP) address
- Full Uniform Resource Locators ("URL") clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time)
- Browser type and version
- Time zone setting
- Browser plug-in types and versions
- Operating system
Customers will also need to input log in details or credit/debit card details to make payment on our website. For this, we will serve customers a secure iframe hosted by our payment providers, Klarna, PayPal and/or Amazon Pay. Redfoot Shoes Ltd do not store any details you input at the payment stage of our checkout. We have contracts with our payment providers to ensure your data is secure at all times.
How do we collect it?
We have made every effort to detail the information that we collect from the users of our website, as well as to ensure that the platforms we use to collect data, are secure in storing and retaining the data as you would expect. We have documented the main ways in which we collect this data below.
We use the third party e-commerce provider Shopify as our website host, central CRM system and email marketing platform. We have ensured that they are fully GDPR compliant as they collect and share your data with Redfoot Shoes Ltd.
A Cookie is a small text file that is downloaded onto ‘terminal equipment’ (eg a computer or smartphone) when the user accesses a website. It allows the website to recognise that user’s device and store some information about the user’s preferences or past actions.
Google Analytics is a product which helps us to analyse the traffic to our websites. Google is based in the United States meaning it is possible that the data that Google Analytics collects could leave the EU. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of our website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
How is the information used?
Redfoot Shoes Ltd will not collect any data that is not necessary to carry out and/or improve the service we provide to our customers. More details about the way in which we use your data can be found below:
- Process any order made on our website (please note that your details may need to be passed to a third party in order for them to supply or deliver the product or service that you ordered and we may retain your details for a reasonable period of time after you have completed the transaction in order to fulfil any contractual obligations such as refunds, guarantees etc).
- Process payments and prevent fraudulent transactions (we may retain your details for these purposes for a reasonable period of time and we may pass your details to a third party to carry out these functions, for example, Klarna, PayPal, Amazon Pay).
- With your consent, retain your personal information and preferences to keep you informed by email and/or through other digital means including social media platforms and advertising retargeting, about products and services (including special offers, discounts, promotions, events, competitions and so on) offered by Redfoot Shoes Ltd, as well as recommending those which we feel will be of particular interest to you.
- Improve the content and appearance of the Website, to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you.
- Carry out assessment and analysis (for example market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the products or services which we offer.
In circumstances where you contact us by telephone, calls may be recorded for quality, training and security purposes. Calls may also be monitored without your consent for the following circumstances:
- To provide evidence of a business transaction
- To prevent or detect a crime
- To ensure that a business complies with regulatory procedures
- To see that quality standards or targets are being met
- In the interests of national security
As detailed in the section ‘Who do we share your information with?’, we will only share your data with third parties where we deem it necessary to provide you with the service you expect. You have the right to access, amend, remove your data that we share or store at any time.
Who do we share your information with?
The third parties we may share your data with are detailed below:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Payment gateway providers to enable us to take payment for your order.
We will not share any data we may hold that is sensitive without your prior Consent. Information about what data is defined as sensitive can be found here.
How long will Redfoot Shoes Ltd keep your data?
Redfoot Shoes Ltd will keep the information we hold for a time we deem necessary for the purpose for which we’re collecting the data. You have the right to request we amend, remove and view the data we store and can do this, by getting in touch with our customer service team here.
More information on your rights to access to your data can be found here. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with the details of the information we hold about you. A full list of your rights in relation to data, can be found here.
Ways to contact us
If you wish to contact Redfoot Shoes Ltd regarding any of the information we collect or store, including making changes to your information, please contact the Redfoot Shoes Ltd Customer Services team via email or phone. All information provided by the customer and collected by Redfoot Shoes Ltd is controlled by us and within applicable laws and the Data Protection Act 1998.
Post: REDFOOT SHOES LTD ATHERTONHOLME MILL, RAILWAY STREET, STACKSTEADS, OL13 0UF
Mobile Message Service Terms and Conditions
The Redfoot Shoes mobile message service (the "Service") is operated by Klaviyo (“ Klaviyo”, “we”, or “us”). Your use of the Service constitutes your agreement to these terms and conditions (“Mobile Terms”). We may modify or cancel the Service or any of its features without notice. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may also modify these Mobile Terms at any time and your continued use of the Service following the effective date of any such changes shall constitute your acceptance of such changes.
By consenting to Redfoot Shoes SMS/text messaging service, you agree to receive recurring SMS/text messages from and on behalf of Redfoot Shoes through your wireless provider to the mobile number you provided, even if your mobile number is registered on any state or federal Do Not Call list. Text messages may be sent using an automatic telephone dialing system or other technology. Service-related messages may include updates, alerts, and information (e.g., order updates, account alerts, etc.). Promotional messages may include promotions, specials, and other marketing offers (e.g., cart reminders).
You understand that you do not have to sign up for this program in order to make any purchases, and your consent is not a condition of any purchase with Goodwin Smith. Your participation in this program is completely voluntary.
We do not charge for the Service, but you are responsible for all charges and fees associated with text messaging imposed by your wireless provider. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Check your mobile plan and contact your wireless provider for details. You are solely responsible for all charges related to SMS/text messages, including charges from your wireless provider.
You may opt-out of the Service at any time. Text the single keyword command STOP to the relevant number or click the unsubscribe link (where available) in any text message to cancel. You'll receive a one-time opt-out confirmation text message. No further messages will be sent to your mobile device, unless initiated by you. If you have subscribed to other Redfoot Shoes mobile message programs and wish to cancel, except where applicable law requires otherwise, you will need to opt out separately from those programs by following the instructions provided in their respective mobile terms. For Service support or assistance, text HELP to the relevant number or email email@example.com.
We may change any short code or telephone number we use to operate the Service at any time and will notify you of these changes. You acknowledge that any messages, including any STOP or HELP requests, you send to a short code or telephone number we have changed may not be received and we will not be responsible for honoring requests made in such messages.
The wireless carriers supported by the Service are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages. You agree to provide us with a valid mobile number. If you get a new mobile number, you will need to sign up for the program with your new number.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree that we will not be liable for failed, delayed, or misdirected delivery of any information sent through the Service, any errors in such information, and/or any action you may or may not take in reliance on the information or Service.
We respect your right to privacy. To see how we collect and use your personal information, please see our Privacy Notice.
Important notes about this example
If you are using this example as a base, take note of the following:
- If you are NOT using SMS for abandoned cart messages, please remove “(e.g., cart reminders)” from your terms of service
- You should modify the example based on the countries you plan to send messages in and remove the bracketed language applicable to any countries you won’t be sending in
- If you are exclusively sending in the UK or Australia, remove any language about texting in keywords (e.g., STOP or HELP)
- If you are not sending in the UK or Australia, remove the language about clicking the unsubscribe link in any text message to cancel)
- You can modify the language at the end of the second paragraph based on how you plan to leverage SMS (i.e., promotional messages, transactional messages or both) and based on the types of messages you plan to send.